Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Weekend in Nebraska

Westward Ho!

Allison, Kris, Melinda, Kevin and I headed from our different homes to converge upon the sprawling city of Omaha this past weekend.

Allison had found us a charity bicycle ride to ride in.

We had a great Saturday morning riding. Allison and I went 22 miles and the others went 45! No way was I ready for that, and Allison was kind enough to keep her old mom company.

After the ride, we headed for the Henry Dorley Zoo. What a fun time we had walking around for 3 hours.

Can you believe we were all exhausted by the time we got to Allison's little town?

We went to a pupuseria and ate tacos and pupusas. Yummy!!!

I was falling asleep in the chair as we sat around vegging that night.

Needless to say, and yet I am saying it, I was tired and sore for a couple of days. I hadn't even gone a mile on a bike since last summer!










3 comments:

kimmie said...

Thanks for the monkey photos my favorite! Great photo of Allison with the lizard. Lovely lady! Kimi

The Watts Family said...

Yep, I love how happy she looks !

Margo said...

Great pics! Looks like everyone was having a fun time!