Monday, July 23, 2012

I'm Cooking Now!

The title says it all, I've been busy this morning!

We got home from Illinois yesterday, and I went to look at my garden. (a friend had watered for me while we were gone)

I harvested 1 squash, a huge handful of peas, 16 hot red peppers, 13 tomatoes, 12 cucumbers, and 8 onions. I added all of this to my already full vegetable drawers.

Today I made a large pot of spaghetti sauce and another large batch of spicy cooked veggies. (something like rotel tomatoes.)

All together today I have used:

all of my tomatoes, (forgot to count, and I kept adding, and kept adding. maybe 20?)
6 hot peppers
6 squash
5 onions
1 pound of spinach (not from my garden, but still organic, and do you know how much spinach there is in a pound? 16 oz! That's a lot of spinach!)





1 comment:

Margo said...

Love the pics! How wonderful to be growing your own veggies :-)