Monday, March 14, 2011

Photos


I have always love photography.

I got my first camera for a gift back when I was about 10, a little 110 camera. No focusing, it was just a simple point and shoot camera. I took so many photos of my friends, my dog Snoopy, and the Montana countryside. It was so much fun!

As I got older, I began playing with my dad's cameras. He always had several cameras in the house, and I enjoyed playing with them all. I loved the manual focus, and learning about the different lens settings. Rolls and rolls of film I would go through. My parents never complaining about buying me roll after roll of film or the developing costs of each one of those rolls.

I remember having a subscription to a photography magazine when I was in my early teens. I dreamed of becoming a famous photographer.

I've got a bookcase of albums, full of pictures, to show my love of this hobby. (maybe I should have chosen a different passion, one that didn't take up so much space?)

In the past 10 years or so, I've had 3 different digital cameras, each one I loved for it's own special features, and reasons.

And now, I've got thousands of computer folders full of digital photos.

Now, yet again, I've moved on, I bought a SLRd. A Canon 60D. I've only had it for 2 days, 45 short hours. I've loved playing with it, and so far really only learning the basics. It is so much fun, and it reminds me of playing with my dad's cameras so many years ago.

So, a long time ago dream is still alive, and I thank my dad for instilling this love of photography in me. Even though dad has been gone for over 10 years, I feel a closeness to him while I am excitedly learning to use this new camera.

1 comment:

Margo said...

I'm glad you're lovin' it! You have so much fun taking pictures, you deserve that new toy. I love the photo of Dad :-)