Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Only Two Weeks to Go!




Oh no, only two more weeks and Lincoln Elementary will be back in full swing. This summer sure did go fast!

It's been a whole week since I last posted, and what have I done in that time?

Kevin and I went to Ames and moved Allison back into her dorm. (Kris and Melinda were there to help us too. It made for a pretty painless move.) It's a shame the dorm isn't a year-round one. Each May we have to move Kris and Allison into summer housing, and then each August, move them back; into the same room. (Kris has already moved into his fall housing. He did it all by himself one day.)
While we were there, we moved Emmy into his dorm, and then took Allison, Emmy, Kris and Melinda out for a Mexican meal.
Monday I did some sewing. I haven't sewn in years, but decided to break out the sewing machine and see what I could do. I ended up making two aprons. It was fun. I bought 10 patterns at the fabric store ( I couldn't resist, they were on sale for only a dollar a piece) so I plan to make a few more things in the months to come.
I've cleaned house, done some grocery shopping and tended to my veggies out on the deck.

All in all, it's been a good week.

1 comment:

Margo said...

I don't know which I like better - the apron or the veggies ;-)

I know - I'd put on the apron and eat the veggies and just have a grand time being domestic.