Wednesday, August 4, 2010

*Heavy Sigh*

Our house is back to normal. Whatever that really means.

No little girls playing in the yard, no Grandma to play games with, and no college kids sleeping all over the basement. Everyone has gone back to their own homes.

The past month has been great and I wouldn't trade the time I got to spend with my mom and nieces for anything. But *heavy sigh* I am glad to have a little quiet time now. Maybe not quiet time, but me time.

Yesterday I went shopping and then came home and cooked for almost 3 hours. I made 3 different meals and a jello cake. One of our small-group members broke her ankle and we decided to help out by making some food for them, so I made lasagna, beefy-rice casserole, and a chicken casserole. I made enough for us too, so I won't have to cook for awhile, and all of these dishes taste better left over.

Today? I'm not sure what to do yet, I want to wash sheets and get them hung out, but because of the weather, they will have to wait one more day. Rain, rain, rain. What more do I need to say.

No comments: