Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Break


Both kids are home from college and Kevin and I are off of work. Today was the quietest day though. Kris went to church with Melinda and her family and then headed out of town to spend the day with her extended family for a Christmas gathering. Kevin and Allison headed up to Minnesota for a couple of days to do a little shopping and visit with the Kraig Watts family. So today, I woke up to beautiful snow falling, and if I knew I didn't have to snow blow it, I would have enjoyed it a lot more. I read the paper, drank my coffee, and considered going to the late service. I shouldn't have waited, the snow was coming down heavy, and the drive needed done before I could get out. There was no way I could get it done and make it to church in time. So I hunkered down, and had a quiet morning.
I know I shouldn't have cleaned house on a Sunday, but I did, and it looks nice, now I won't have to worry about it for a few days. I'll have the kids help me do a quick clean later in the week so we can enjoy Christmas in a clean house. I got 5 loads of laundry done (the kids brought theirs home). I didn't get out to the driveway until 3:30, and then after it was cleared, I went to the grocery store.
Our Sunday night small group would be at our house at 5:30. I picked up a few things we would need for the next couple of days and for tonight, and hurried home. I sat the table, and put out hors d'oeuvres. One of our members was bringing a pot of soup and rolls, another a salad, and yet another dessert. It was such a nice night, we don't usually meet for dinner, but tonight was a non lesson night. Alli Rodgers, a christian singer, was preforming at a local church and some of the group were going to attend.
I talked with Kevin tonight, and he and Allison are having a good time. They, along with our niece went to the Mall of America and did some shopping, they will head home tomorrow after stopping at Ikea.

1 comment:

Margo said...

I love your house all decorated for the holidays!! Glad you are enjoying the kids~Margo