Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ox Out Front


For those of you who have seen National Lampoo's Vacation, you will understand...

We drove (okay, I was driving) around for 20 minutes trying to find the Logging Museum. Finally an hour before they were to close, we found it. Whew. We drove down the long road, and seeing the lack of cars on the road we wondered if the place would be open. We got to the parking lot, it was empty. There were two cars way on the far side of the lot, and of course the statues of Paul and Blue the Ox out front. We were debating whether they were open or not, and Kevin said, "The ox out front should of told you, the museum's closed". We all thought it was hilarious.

Here is a little foot note about me...

I love, absolutely love, stopping at stupid roadside attractions. The more bizarre the better. I would love to drive down Rt. 66 and see all the old sites. That's why there's a photo of our family with Paul Bunyan and Blue and earlier this year one of us in a frying pan. I know I'm warped, my family tells me this all the time. They are good sports though and we have fun.

2 comments:

Margo said...

We must be sisters LOL. I want to drive Route 66 and stop everywhere, too! I think it would take a while, unless it was done in sections.

kym said...

So all the weird places we went in Germany and Italy were fine with you!!! (me too)
If you are on rt 66 in okc you can go to Pop's, see a round barn...and drive down the strip I used to cruise on in HS! We want to drive some on it, too...
Do you remember the Jesus in the water??? That was one of the strangest things I think we went to!
PS-Love the new look!