Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Veisha 2009


This past weekend, the 17th - 18th, Kevin and I went to Ames for Veisha. Veisha is a spring celebration on the Iowa State Campus. We went down Friday night because Allison needed a parent fix. She has been really sick with mono. Poor girl. We had planned on going just for Saturday festivies of the parade, food, and fun. But instead, we went Friday afternoon and visited with the kids and took them out to dinner. I know I've said it before, but we are so enjoying watching our kids grow into adulthood. They are so much fun to hang around with. We actually get to visit, and talk instead of correct and seperate. :-)


We arrived on campus around 8:40, went and had a pancake breakfast (or they called it a feed). and then we met up with my mom and sister Kim. We walked around campus seeing the booths, and exhibts until parade time. We watched the parade then walked around some more. We milked a cow, ate cherry pie, laughed, and talked and had a great time together. The weather was great except for a short time during the parade when it rained. But we were prepared with a huge golf umbrella.


Allison joined us around 1:00, she sleeps a lot, and is trying to get as much rest as possible so she can get better. (sorry no photos of her, prednisone made her puffy) We had lunch and then said goodbye to Kim and mom, they had a 5 1/2 hour drive ahead of them still. We went to the greenhouse and looked at plants, then went to the aerospace engineering building to see what they had to show us. Emmanuel gave us a personal guided tour of that department, pretty neat.


We finally said goodbye to Allison around 2:30, and headed for our car. Of course it was parked at the farthest parking lot away, so we said bye to Travis and Kris and Melinda around 3:00 on the other side of campus.

We walked all day, and boy were we tired! I am so glad we got to go and share the day with the kids though.

I know I haven't updated in a while we have been very busy with work, church and kids. I wanted to get this done tonight before I put it off yet another day. I hope I didn't ramble too much.

No comments: