Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Work and School

Allison left yesterday afternoon to head back to school. Tomorrow she will move into her new room across campus to be a RA. This is her first semester doing this. We know she will do well with it, she has always enjoyed helping people and organizing events and activities.

Kevin and I both went to work today the first day in over two weeks. We had such a nice break. This is the first time I think ever that we all have had this many days off in a row. I got a little bonus this morning, we had a two hour delay. Saturday we had yet another ice storm, and all the side roads are still completely covered in ice. I was actually expecting a whole snowday, but they made us venture out. Kids sliding all the way to school. :-)

After school/work tomorrow, Kevin and I are heading over to Ames to help Allison move, hopefully she will have most of her stuff already moved, but we will help with the larger items. We also need to buy her a fridg and a futon and get those items moved in for her. Her roommate this year had both of these items, so Allison didn't need them... until now.

Guess who called me at work today saying he wasn't feeling well, Kris. Poor kid, he has a fever now, I don't know if it is the same thing Kevin had, Kevin's was a week and a half ago. Do you think this virus has that long of an incubation time? Kris was going to help us move Allison tomorrow, but now he needs to stay home and get better. Wednesday he has to move back and start training with Allison for the RA jobs. This is Kris' 4th semester as a RA.

I hope you all are enjoying 2009. I'll write more later.

No comments: