Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Winter is here



Winter is officially here, even if the calendar says differently. Monday evening, we looked outside and freezing rain was beginning to cover everything with a shimmering gloss. I knew we would have at least a delay to school Tuesday morning. I woke up early, and there was ice everywhere with an inch of snow trying to cover it all. It reminded me of last winter ( photos). It seems like such a short time ago. Kevin went out and tried to clear the driveway as best he could before he went to work. I got to do a little housework and get dinner in the crock pot before I headed out at 10:00. What a luxurious morning I had not having to hurry. I too had to scrape and salt before I left for work. After school, Kevin and I spent 2 1/2 hours trying to clear the rest of the ice. I can sure feel my muscles today.

No comments: