Monday, November 24, 2008

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving


I'm busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow is my last day of work this week. Yeah!! I made my shopping list today and after work tomorrow will go and get the rest of the holiday fixin's. I thought I would share our favorite pie recipe. It is so good and tangy, and delicious. Even Kevin loves it and he's not a big dessert person. (you can't tell it, but it is the pie on the left)

Cranberry-Apple Pie

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
4 cups peeled, sliced, tart apples (like Granny Smith or Braeburn)
2 cups fresh cranberries
2 T butter
In a bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and cloves. Gently stir in apples and cranberries. Pour into a pastry-lined pie pan; dot with butter. Cover with top crust. Seal and flute edges of pastry, then cut steam vents in top crust. Bake at 425 degrees for approximately 1 1/4 hours.
NOTE: To prevent pastry edge from overbrowning, cover with aluminum foil strips.

Kevin just let the dogs out before bed while I am finishing this up, and he asked me from the laundry room, "Is it supposed to be snowing outside?" I said, "No, is it?" he came in here and said "Look", so of course I had to, and my silly husband said "Thanksgiving Fools Day". What a strange fellow. That's why I love him.

1 comment:

kym said...

I am so glad you are blogging! You have a gift and I love reading what you all are up to! I can't wait to try that pie recipe!
Kym